- This event has passed.
How to Purchase Meat Direct from Livestock Producers
September 17 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Have you considered buying meat direct from a farm or ranch? Join Scott Duggan, OSU Livestock Extension Field Faculty, for a class that will guide you through the process involved in buying meat direct from livestock producers.
Upon completing the class participants will understand:
- How diet and environment affects quality of meat
- How the sale price of buying meat direct from the producer is calculated
- The meat cutting process when buying meat by the¼,½ or whole
- How to identify the primal & retail cuts of meat and their location on the animal
- The process of ordering cuts of meat from the butcher
Please register online and you will automatically receive the Zoom meeting information. Call-in option also available without internet access.
Registration link: https://beav.es/oqV
For any questions please contact Scott Duggan: 541-447-6028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.