Fresh Harvest Kit
Fresh Harvest Kits
Fresh Harvest Kits are ready-to-make meal kits available containing pantry staple items (pasta, tuna, beans), farm fresh vegetables (kale, carrots), a seasoning packet from Savory Spice, and a recipe card to create a nutritious and delicious meal. HDFFA collaborates with local farms and hunger relief agencies to offer these kits at local food pantries.
Each Kit Contains
- Fresh vegetables
- Food pantry staple items (pasta, beans, rice, etc.)
- Seasoning packet from Savory Spice
- Recipe card
Our Impact – Since 2018
- 2,450+ Fresh Harvest Kits packaged and delivered to families in Bend & Sisters
- 4,000+ People fed
- Thousands of pounds of fresh produce distributed throughout our community
How it works
HDFFA coordinates with farmers, hunger relief agencies and volunteers to prepare the Fresh Harvest Kits with participating pantries. Clients are offered Kits during the peak growing season and are able to make delicious meals with local food.
“We believe in giving our guests the best food possible…just because someone is in need, doesn’t mean that they deserve less than someone who isn’t… HDFFA means a lot to us because they help us offer our guests the balanced nutrition they deserve.”
Ranae Staley, Executive Director of The Giving Plate, Bend OR
Start Your Own FHK Program!
Download and use our How-To Guide and recipes for use in your very own Fresh Harvest Kit program! Feel free to use, share, and reach out to HDFFA with questions or suggestions – email@example.com.
Where to find Kits in Central Oregon
- The Giving Plate (Bend), June
- Kiwanis (Sisters) Jun-Oct
- Westside Church (Sisters), Jun-Oct
Get Fresh Harvest Kits at your food pantry or agency, contact us!
*Spanish translations coming soon!*
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Fall Minestrone Soup
- Flaky Whitefish with Root Veggies
- Harvest Pizza
- Mac & Cheese with Kale Chips
- One Pot Pasta
- Ravioli Ratatouille
- Stuffed Peppers
- Summer Chili with Biscuits
- Summer Harvest Soup with Biscuits
- Summer Spaghetti with Crispy Broccoli
- Summer Squash Chili Boats
- Tuna Cakes with Roasted Root Veggies
- Tuna Cakes with Salad
- Savory Spice
- Seed to Table
- Whole Foods