Fresh Harvest Kit
Fresh Harvest Kits
Fresh Harvest Kits are ready-to-make meal kits containing farm fresh vegetables, pantry staple items (such as pasta, tuna, or beans), a seasoning packet from Savory Spice, and a recipe card to create a nutritious and delicious meal on a budget. HDFFA collaborates with local farms and hunger relief agencies to offer these kits at local food pantries and community organizations.
We believe that everyone deserves good food. We define good food as affordable, nutritious and culturally preferred food that is easily accessible and sustainably produced in Central Oregon. We recognize that not all Central Oregonians have the same access to this food, and are committed to improving equitable access for all through this program.
Each Kit Contains
- Fresh vegetables
- Food pantry staple items
- Seasoning packet from Savory Spice
- Recipe card
Our Impact Since 2018
- 5,648 Fresh Harvest Kits packaged and delivered to families
- 22,592 meals created from Fresh Harvest Kits
- 25,033 lbs. of fresh produce distributed to Bend, La Pine, Prineville, Sisters, and Warm Springs
How it works
HDFFA coordinates with farmers, hunger relief agencies and volunteers to prepare the Fresh Harvest Kits with participating hunger relief agencies, or food pantries. Clients can access the kits from a participating pantry.
- The Giving Plate (Bend), year-round
- Kiwanis (Sisters) Jun–Oct
- Wellhouse Market (Sisters), Jun–Oct
- First Baptist Church (Prineville), Jun–Sept
- Warm Springs Community Action Team (Warm Springs), Jun–Sept
- Saint Vincent de Paul Church (Prineville), Jun–Sept
“We believe in giving our guests the best food possible…just because someone is in need, doesn’t mean that they deserve less than someone who isn’t… HDFFA means a lot to us because they help us offer our guests the balanced nutrition they deserve.”
Ranae Staley, Executive Director of The Giving Plate, Bend OR
Start Your Own Fresh Harvest Kit Program!
Download our How-To Guide and recipes for use in your very own Fresh Harvest Kit program! To start the Fresh Harvest Kit program at your food pantry or agency, contact us!
- Warm Springs Community Action Team – Providing Kits during the summer season
- Savory Spice Shop – Great spice packets
- Seed to Table – First Sisters, Oregon partner farm that continues providing kits in their community
- The Giving Plate – our first Bend food pantry partner
- Crook County on The Move and Our Savior Lutheran Church, Prineville – providing kits during the summer season in Prineville
Fresh Harvest Recipes - Delicious food on a budget!
Click on a tab below
- Sides | A Lado
- Soup | Sopa | Chili
- Oven, Pan & Skillet | Comidas en Horno y Sartén
- Salad | Ensalada
- How to | Cómo Hacer