Fresh Harvest Kit
Fresh Harvest Kits
We believe that everyone deserves good food. We define good food as affordable, nutritious and culturally appropriate food that is easily accessible and sustainably produced in Central Oregon. We recognize that not all Central Oregonians have the same access to this food, and are committed to improving equitable access for all through our programs.
Fresh Harvest Kits are ready-to-make meal kits available containing pantry staple items (pasta, tuna, beans), farm fresh vegetables (kale, carrots), a seasoning packet from Savory Spice, and a recipe card to create a nutritious and delicious meal. HDFFA collaborates with local farms and hunger relief agencies to offer these kits at local food pantries.
Each Kit Contains
- Fresh vegetables
- Food pantry staple items (pasta, beans, rice, etc.)
- Seasoning packet from Savory Spice
- Recipe card
Our Impact Since 2018
- 3,400+ Fresh Harvest Kits packaged and delivered to families in Bend & Sisters
- 13,600 meals created from Fresh Harvest Kits
- Thousands of pounds of fresh produce distributed throughout Bend, Prineville, and Sisters
How it works
HDFFA coordinates with farmers, hunger relief agencies and volunteers to prepare the Fresh Harvest Kits with participating pantries. Clients are offered Kits during the peak growing season and are able to make delicious meals with local food.
- Warm Springs Community Action Team – providing Kits at the Warm Springs food pantry during summer season
- Savory Spice – great spice packets
- Seed to Table – our first Sisters partner farm who continues FHK’s in their community
- The Giving Plate – our first Bend food pantry
“We believe in giving our guests the best food possible…just because someone is in need, doesn’t mean that they deserve less than someone who isn’t… HDFFA means a lot to us because they help us offer our guests the balanced nutrition they deserve.”
Ranae Staley, Executive Director of The Giving Plate, Bend OR
Start Your Own Fresh Harvest Kit Program!
Download and use our How-To Guide and recipes for use in your very own Fresh Harvest Kit program! Feel free to use, share, and reach out to HDFFA with questions or suggestions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to find Kits in Central Oregon
- The Giving Plate (Bend), year round
- Kiwanis (Sisters) Jun-Oct
- Westside Church (Sisters), Jun-Oct
- First Baptist Church (Prineville), Jun-Sept
- Saint Vincent de Paul Church (Prineville), Jun-Sept