SunLife Farm and Ranch was just featured on Cascade Business News, highlighting their beginnings as a business and how they’ve flourished into a 55-acre property housing a 19-colony apiary, fields of lavender and orchard grass hay in diverse farm production, an educational space, and and event-driven experiences. Read the article here.
This year, they are hosting a variety of events on their property. Upcoming events include:
- LavenDay, July 16 and 17. It’s U-pick lavender season. Enjoy the farm, potted lavender plants and cut lavender bouquets to take home.
- Dirt Day, August 13. It’s a soilebration to learn about the soils of Central Oregon from many experts. NRCS will co-host.
- High Noon Honey, August 27. Learn about the Bootahbees on the Birds and Bees Trail Tour. SunLife Tea and Honey at noon along with other goodies from our farm and local friends.
- Roaming Day – Art to Soul, September 10. Roam around the farm to learn about its crops, do some art, relax in a hammock haven at the Bootdocks and beyond.
- Grassic Park Day, September 24. Straight through Dasher’s Canyon, you’ll hike out to Grassic Park. Experience an animal petting experience while learning about all the animals both wild and domestic that feed from Central Oregon grasses both native and cultivated.
- Run for the Honey, Pumpkin, October 8. The Run for the Honey features a 5K race and one-mile fun run/walks.
- Honey Holiday and Claus Festival, December 3 and 4. Featuring farm products, vendors for early shopping, hot drinks, food, games and hikes up to the Pacific North Pole and the Santa Claus Haus
Learn more about their business at https://getataste.org/listings/sunlife-farm-and-ranch/.