Recipe from: Ingredient Studio—Chefs Candy Argondizza & Marité Acosta
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 cups chopped kale, packed (about 1/2 bunch)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or monterey jack cheese
You can substitute spinach or chard in place of kale. Chopped tomatoes or peppers can be added to this recipe. They would be best added when the onions are cooking.
1. Rinse greens thoroughly and shake dry. Remove tough stems, and chop the tender leaves.
2. In a bowl, break the eggs, add the salt and pepper and whisk well, or using a fork, beat well.
3. Place a medium sized skillet on medium high heat and add the oil, let the oil heat about 1 minute.
4. Add the chopped onion and let cook for about 3 minutes, until translucent, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the chopped greens and cook till wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Pour the beaten eggs over the greens and stir, lifting the cooked eggs and greens, to allow the uncooked eggs to cook.
7. When most of the eggs look set and cooked, sprinkle cheese on top, cover the pan with a lid or foil and shut off heat, to finish cooking and allowing cheese to melt.
8. Cut into wedges and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: Add a side salad for a healthy and satisfying lunch or dinner.