Our work wouldn’t get far without strong support from the communities that we serve. Here are a few of the ways that we have expanded collaborations and partnerships to better reach Central Oregon communities in 2021!
- Collaboration with Central Oregon Veteran’s Ranch (COVR) We are dedicating 5% of our USDA Beginning Farmer and Rancher funding to assist COVR’s work with therapy-based livestock programs for U.S. Veterans – that’s $14,000 and three years of collaboration!
- Food Sovereignty in Warm Springs We are excited to collaborate with the Warm Springs Community Action Team as they assess Food Sovereignty in their community.
- Expanded VeggieRx programming HDFFA is working with the local Community Based Outpatient Clinic to reach additional U.S. Veterans, connecting them to locally grown foods and nutrition education.
- Cooking Counts is a published workbook of recipes and nutrition education resources developed by HDFFA that you or your organization can use for free. www.hdffa.org/cookingcounts
- NEW Diversity Indicators! Use the diversity indicators in our print directory, Get A Taste app and at getataste.org to shop and support owners who identify as LGBTQIA+-owned, Minority-owned, Veteran-owned, or Woman-owned.