Fresh Food Your Way
We are excited to help bring fresh, local food straight to your office with our Workplace CSA program. We pair local farmers with busy office employees to provide fresh local food at the convenience of your workplace. Employees sign-up for a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share through your office and during the summer receive fresh vegetables delivered each week.
How it Works
HDFFA plays the matchmaker.
- We connect your business directly with one vegetable producer & one meat producer
- Give your on-site CSA Organizer all of the tools they need to set-up the program
- Provide a pre/post program meetings to introduce your business to the farm & program
Your Business identifies a CSA Organizer.
- Identify an outgoing & engaged employee to be the on-site CSA Organizer (they will handle the logistics for all employees signed up)
- Approve weekly drop-off site at your company
- Give on-site CSA Organizer the support they need during CSA season
The farmer will:
- Coordinate & communicate with the on-site CSA Organizer
- Deliver the CSAs on the same day/time each week
- Deliver pre-washed, pre-bagged produce for easy pick-up from employees
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a way for farmers to get “buy-in” from consumers before the growing season starts. As a customer, you pay a lump sum in the spring and when the growing season starts you’ll receive a box of fresh food each week for the duration of the season (typically 18-20 weeks).
- The farmer benefits from the upfront capitol which allows them to crop plan for their growing season.
- You benefit from getting the fresh produce delivered weekly, supporting local food from the convenience of your office.
2018 Participating Farms
Oregon Department of Agriculture,
Specialty Crop Block Grant
2018 Participating Businesses
interested in a workplace cSA for your office? email firstname.lastname@example.org