Fresh Food Your Way: At the Workplace!
We are excited to help you bring fresh, local food straight to your office with a Workplace CSA program. Even if your employees aren’t going to the office every day, you can connect a local farmer or rancher with your busy employees to provide fresh local food in a way that’s convenient and engaging. It’s not hard to set up a program where employees sign up for a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share through your office and from spring til fall receive fresh vegetables, eggs, meat and other local products delivered each week – and we’ll show you how!
How it Works
Use the toolkit to decide if your company is right for a CSA, and do it!:
- Think about what your business wants to achieve with the program – use our tips to design the right program for your workplace.
- Use HDFFA’s paper or online directory to connect with one vegetable producer & one meat producer, or someone who offers a mix!
- Identify an-site CSA Organizer – our tool kit has all of the tools they need to set up the program.
Your onsite CSA Organizer:
- Is outgoing and organized. They will handle the logistics for all employees signed up
- Will approve weekly drop-off site at your company
- Will manage communications with the farmer and maybe organize events like a farm visit
- Can rely on the toolkit for examples of forms, communications, and best practices.
The farmer will:
- Coordinate & communicate with the on-site CSA Organizer
- Deliver the CSAs on the same day/time each week
- Deliver pre-washed, pre-bagged produce and frozen meats for easy pick-up by employees
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a way for farmers to get “buy-in” from consumers before the growing season starts. Customers, or “members”, usually pay a lump sum in the spring and when the growing season starts you’ll receive a box of fresh food (a “share”) each week for the duration of the season (typically 18-20 weeks).
- The farmer benefits from the upfront capital which allows them to crop plan for their growing season.
- You benefit from getting the fresh produce delivered weekly, supporting local food from the convenience of your workplace