HDFFA makes it easier to find Central Oregon foods!
Local Food tastes better, is healthier and better for our environment, directly supports the local economy, and connects our community. Support local famers by looking for the ‘Get a Taste’ logo and be sure you are getting local, fresh, nutrient-dense food.
HIGH DESERT FOOD & FARM ALLIANCE
HDFFA conducted interviews throughout Central Oregon to understand consumer opinions about locally grown foods. We discovered that many people simply did not know what grows here and weren’t sure where to find Central Oregon grown foods when shopping or dining.
The goal of the Get A Taste of This Place campaign is to increase consumption of Central Oregon grown foods by making it easier to find them and highlighting their uniqueness, while increasing profitability for the HDFFA Partners who grow and sell them.
We encourage everyone to try, taste and buy foods grown right here in Central Oregon by farmers you can meet and talk to in person.
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
FIVE WAYS TO ENGAGE
Buy: Central Oregon food from farmers at their farm stand, farmers market or grocery store. Look for Get a Taste of this Place. If you don’t see it, ask what’s Central Oregon grown.
Share: when you Get A Taste you have a unique and powerful story about Central Oregon foods or farmers. Share that experience!
Experience: Meet HDFFA at the farmers markets, by newsletter or online
Display: Proudly display our FREE poster and sticker.
Want to know more? A sweet free sticker? Direct message on social or call (541) 390-3572.
HDFFA Partner: Grocer, Restaurant & Food Truck
1) Display the logo on menus, the register, displays, ads and website. Show your support of Central Oregon foods!
2) Feature Central Oregon Grown foods or make seasonal dishes
3) Thank the farmer, show it off: #getatasteofthisplace #getataste and
4) Find more Central Oregon Grown foods or get custom logos for your business!
Message us on social
call or text 541-390-3572
HDFFA Partner: Farm and Ranch
1) Display the logo!
On email, newsletter, fresh sheets, labels, market, and wherever your produce is sold.
2) Tell your story – what you grow and why it’s unique and delicious on social media and website!
3) Post the logo on social media.
HDFFA will spread the word too!
4) Get custom stickers for your farm. Message on social
text or call 541-390-3572
Consumers, Foodies, Friends & Fans
1) When you see the “Get A Taste” logo buy with confidence! If you don’t see it, ask what’s Central Oregon grown.
2) Share a pic and tell people why it was awesome! Tag @hdffa
to keep the story going!
3) Meet HDFFA at the farmers markets, by newsletter or online
We Make Finding Local Food Easy
Your best resource for finding locally grown, raised, and crafted foods here in Central Oregon is our very own High Desert Food and Farm Directory.
Your guide to locally grown food!
Funding made possible by the US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Agricultural Marketing Service. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the USDA.