- This event has passed.
Strategies to Increase Crop Water Use Efficiency during Drought Conditions
February 17, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This workshop will include hands-on activities that will help farmers learn about water holding capacity, irrigation water output, estimating irrigation needs based on ET and/or Agrimet data, irrigation scheduling, soil moisture monitoring and more.
Topics will include:
- Understanding your soil
- Understanding your crop water needs
- Understanding your irrigation system
- Understanding your water quality
- Maria Zamora Re – OSU Extension Irrigation Specialist
- Abigail Tomasek – OSU Extension Water Quality Specialist
- Todd Peplin – Programs Lead, Deschutes SWCD
- Stephanie Payne – Small Farms and Organic Specialist, USDA
Refreshments will be provided during the workshop.
The workshop is free for partners of the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance and $15 for non-partners.
Masks and social distancing will be required for all attendees.