- This event has passed.
Meat Processing Workshop at Oregon Beef
November 9 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Join us at Oregon Beef Company on November 9th, 2023, for Central Oregon Meat Processing—foundational skills and knowledge led by Tom Jones.
Come away with the following knowledge after this 1.5 hour-long class:
- Demonstrate how to fill out a cut sheet
- Distinguish between primal cuts vs. retail cuts
- Explain quality grade vs. yield grade
- Discuss meat tenderness and factors that contribute to tough meat or tender meat
- Clarify difference between USDA inspected plant and Custom butcher plant
- Observations on best practices for producing a quality carcass
Register today at hdffa.org/meatworkshop