- This event has passed.
Irrigation Techniques and Troubleshooting for Experienced Farmers
May 11, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Time: May 11, 2020 10:30 AM – Meeting will be recorded (please register to receive link to recording after the session)
Co-hosted by HDFFA and OSU Extension.
Josh Hansen of Hansen Irrigation Design will be joining us for an informative, interactive session where he will share his knowledge of:
- What to keep in mind when setting up or maintaining irrigation systems
- Working out pressure issues as you move from mainline, to laterals, to drip or micro-sprinkler
- Screens and filters for drip systems (where you need them, how to clean them out, how often, etc)
- Ways to figure out what your system’s output is and how to use that to give plants the water they need (plant requirements+environmental factors)
- Dealing with leaks midseason
- Fertigation (delivering a fertilizer “smoothie” to your plants):
- What are the main issues to keep in mind
- experience with successful products
- ways to know how much water you need to flush out the system after the fertilizer has gone through
Bring your questions or ask them in advance for Josh to cover: email@example.com.
Event is free but registration is required: please register here
About Your Presenter
Josh grew up in central California surrounded by agriculture. He graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2009. He has been working as an irrigation designer since 2010. He started working under Ken Yancy at Hydratec in Delano, CA and worked there for almost 6 years taking over the design department as Ken worked toward retirement. In January of 2016, Josh started his own company moving into a consulting role for Hydratec and beginning to create designs for independent growers. Josh and his family moved to Central Oregon in May of 2016 and he has been working for independent growers and as a contractor for irrigation companies ever since. He has designed fields for fruit, nuts, vegetables and industrial hemp with irrigation systems utilizing everything from buried drip tape to overhead sprinklers.