Central Oregon is not a stranger to food insecurity. With recent implications surrounding the COVID19 pandemic our community members are experiencing more strain in accessing food. Food insecurity is defined as the lack of consistent access to enough food for an active, healthy life. Obstacles may include financial limitations, general geographical access, lack of reliable transportation, or impaired physical ability. We’ve created a list of resources from our partner organizations to help our community members access the food they need.
- Accessing Food during the Coronavirus Outbreak. Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon. Links include SNAP, School Meals, WIC, College Students, Food Pantries, Meals on Wheels, and other resources.
- Food Finder. Oregon Food Bank map to find the nearest provider free groceries, free meals, free produce and other programs
- 211 info Oregon vital services for anyone, find by zip code
- School meal sites List of school meal sites in Oregon
- Pandemic Partners Comprehensive facebook page to find resources and offer support / volunteer
Additional resources that may be helpful:
- Comprehensive list of resources in Deschutes County
- Comprehensive list of resources in Crook & Jefferson Country
We will continue to update this page with resources. Last updated 3/25/20.